These Thin Mint Chocolate Cupcakes are elegant, yet easy to put together. They are perfect for St. Patrick’s Day or any other time of the year.
Thin Mint Chocolate Cupcakes
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs, room temperature
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup buttermilk
1. Start by preheating the oven to 350F degrees.
2. Next we will need a large bowl to add and mix the dry ingredients together.
3. Add in the baking powder, salt, baking soda, cocoa powder, and flour. Mix until well combined.
4. Set aside.
5. Now take out a medium bowl. Add in the eggs, sugar, brown sugar, oil, and vanilla. Whisk together until completely smooth.
6. Pour half of the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients
7. Then add half of the buttermilk.
8. Stir it all together. Mix well.
9. Repeat with the remaining wet ingredients and buttermilk
10. Add 8 crumbled Thin Mint cookies to the mix and fold in.
11. Stir until just combined. The batter won’t be very thick
12. Pour the batter into the cupcake liners – fill only 3/4 full
13. Bake in batches for 18-19 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean
14. Allow to cool completely before frosting
Next comes the frosting!
1 (8 ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
2 cups heavy cream
1. Put cream cheese in bowl. Mash down. Add in sugar and both extracts. Mix until smooth.
2. Pour in the heavy cream. Whip it until fluffy and stiff peaks form.
3. Put the icing in a piping bag with the tip of your choice and pipe the top of each cupcake. Adorn with a whole Thin Mint Chocolate Cookie or one that has been crushed.