Thought that I would share a recipe with you today. My daughter made some Spinach and Tofu soup, and it was delicious! It is very simple to make and takes only a few minutes to prepare. It is a great way to get some iodine into your system as well as protein into your diet.
Here is what it looked like just out of the refrigerator!
Now if you would like to make this for yourself, here is the recipe!
Spinach and Tofu Soup
4 ounces tofu
4 ounces spinach
3 cups vegetable stock
1 T light soy sauce
1/4 tsp. white pepper
couple of pieces of diced red pepper
dash of salt
couple of pieces of broccoli
1. Wash the vegetables and chop the broccoli. Add stock or water to small saucepan.
2. Add the broccoli and red peppers to the pot and bring to a boil. Continue cooking the broccoli until almost tender.
3. Add the soy sauce, white pepper and salt.
4. Cut the tofu into 1/4 inch squares.
5. Add the tofu to the pot. Add continue to boil for one minute. Afterwards turn the pot down to a simmer.
6. Tear the spinach into bite sized pieces.
7. Add the spinach to the pot and continue to boil for about 1 minute.
8. Turn off the stove and serve immediately.
*Fresh mushrooms can be added to the soup, if desired.