These Salted Caramel Latte Cupcakes combine the sweet taste of caramel amid a soft and luscious white cupcake base that has a hint of coffee. Topped with a homemade icing that is drizzled with sweet caramel, then topped with sea salt. The taste is simply divine!
Salted Caramel Latte Cupcakes
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup unsalted butter (room temp)
2 large eggs (room temp)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup whole milk
1 TBSP Coffee flavoring
1. Preheat your oven to 350F.
2. Line a standard 12 cup cupcake pan with liners.
3. In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
4. In another bowl, beat the sugars and butter using an electric mixer. You want them to be light and fluffy, which should take approximately 3 minutes if the mixer is on medium-high speed.
5. Then, add in the eggs, milk and vanilla until combined. Add in the flour mixture.
6. Fill the prepared cupcake cups and bake for 20 or so minutes until you can insert a toothpick and it comes out clean
7. Ghirardelli Caramel squeeze desired amount into cupcake mix while in the cupcake pan stir with end of spoon lightly
4 cups of powdered sugar
2 sticks of softened butter
2-3 teaspoons of vanilla
1-2 tablespoons of milk
Ghirardelli Caramel for drizzle on top
Sprinkle Sea salt on top of caramel drizzle
Add powdered sugar to mixing bowl.
Add softened sticks of butter
Add 1 tbsp of milk.
Beat on low until powdered sugar is incorporated. Then move mixer up to medium-high speed. Scrape sides and bottom of bowl often. When completely mixed the frosting may appear dry.
Add more milk, a little bit at a time until frosting is the proper consistency.
Use a large pastry tip and bag (as shown)
Hold the cupcake with one hand and grasp the pastry bag with the other. Squeeze on the bag until the icing begins to come out. Pick one spot on the cupcake and begin to ice going around the cupcake. Once you get back to where you began, continue to ice moving the next circle closer inward building onto the old circle. (like the picture above). Then take the caramel sauce and drizzle it onto the icing and adding a pinch of sea salt.