Evil Apple Halloween Cookies- Poison Apple
Surprise the little ones that come knocking on your door for trick or treat with these Evil Apple Halloween Cookies-Poison Apple. I should say that these Halloween Cookies do not have apple in them, but are actually sugar cookies cut out into the shape of apples.
A poison apple was served to Sleeping Beauty that caused her to fall into a deep sleep. There will be many princesses and princes stopping by for a Halloween treat and no, they won’t think you are the Evil Queen when you offer them these Halloween decorated Evil Apple Cookies for their treat bags. Make sure to make up a batch for your family and friends.
Evil Apple Poison Apple
5 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups soft unsalted butter
2 cups granulated sugar
1. Cream the butter and the sugar in medium sized mixing bowl until the combination is smooth not grainy to the touch.
2. Add all 4 eggs at one time. Continue to mix.
3. Add the vanilla. Mix until smooth.
4. In another bowl, sift the four, baking powder, and salt together.
5. Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture.
6. Continue mixing to make sure all ingredients are thoroughly blended.
7. Mix the dough into a ball, cover the whole ball of dough with cling wrap.
8. Put in the refrigerator for about 6 hours or overnight. Check to see if the dough is firm.
9. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
10. Pull the cookie dough out of the refrigerator and sit it out to soften.
11. Put flour out on the wood cutting board, rub flour on the rolling pin, and add a little flour to the batter.
12. Roll the dough out on the cutting board and using your APPLE cookie cutter begin to make your cookies.
13. Line the cookie sheet with parchment paper.
14. Using a metal spatula move the cut cookie to the parchment lined cookie sheet.
15. Bake at 325 degrees for 8 minutes. Check to see if the cookie are thoroughly baked.
16. Take the cookies off of the cookie sheet and put on a wire rack to cool or approximately 10 minutes.
2 egg whites
1 cup powder sugar
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
Red, brown,black, and green gel food coloring
You may have to make two bowls of icing for these cookies
1. Combine all ingredients, except your food coloring, in a mixing bowl. Mix on medium speed for 4 minutes.
2. If icing is not stiff enough add 1/4 C powder sugar.
3. Leave icing in large bowl.
4. Take out 4 bowls, put 1/4 cup of icing in two bowls (brown & black), divide the remaining icing into half. (Bowls #3 & #4.)
5. In bowl #1 add several drops of brown gel food coloring stir well until all of the color is blended.
6. In bowl #2, add several drops of black gel food coloring stirring well until all of the color is blended.
7. In bowl #3, add several drops of green gel food coloring stir to mix well. 8. In bowl #4, add several drops of red gel food coloring stir to mix well.
9. Red is a difficult color to get. Therefore, you may have to continue to add the food coloring to get the bright deep red color. That is why you are to use a gel food color as it doesn’t water down the icing.
10, Twist the open end of the bag to push the icing to the tip.. Spoon each of the icings into individual frosting bags with a #5 tips.
11. Twist the open end of the icing bag to push the icing into the tip.
Evil Queen Poison Apple
1. First thing to do is to outline the whole cookie in red coloring except for the stem and leaf. Repeat this until all cookies have been outlined.
2. Add water to the base icing mix (1 tsp) and mix it in.
3. Use this icing to fill in the cookie.
4, Once you have outlined all of the cookies in red, set it aside to allow to dry for about 10 minutes.
5. Now, you are going to fill the body of the cookie in with the other red icing*.
9. After outlining all of the apple cookies you can push the remaining icing into a bowl and add the 1 tsp of water and mix well to get the right consistency.
10. Using a butter knife to spread it from the outlined part inwards to the center.
11. Using Google locate a color picture of the Evil Queens – Poison Apple. 12. Once the poison apple has been located either print out the picture to use for tracing or hand draw it.
13. This will be the example for making the green outline for the poison apple.
14. Using the green gel colored icing in a frosting bag, outline or make your outline for the green face. Remember this is when you make markings for the eyes, nose, and mouth.
15. Fill in the rest of the face outlined on the red apple with the thinner green icing.
16. Outline the stem with brown icing on all of the same apple cookies, fill them in with the thinner icing.
17. Outline the leaf with the black icing on all of the same apple cookies, then fill them in with the thinner black icing.
18.Set these aside and allow to completely dry about 4+ hours.