If you are looking for some easy, yet elegant cookie recipes for the Christmas season, start your Holiday Baking-Peppermint Kiss Cookies. They set the mood with their festive centers and taste delicious.
Peppermint Kiss Cookies
¾ cup butter, softened
¾ cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. peppermint extract
2 1/3 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
24 Hershey’s Peppermint Kisses
1. Preheat the oven to 350˚
2. In a large mixing bowl cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
4. In a separate bowl combine the flour, salt and baking powder.
5. Add the flour to the mixing bowl in thirds, mixing will between each addition.
6. Take 1 tablespoon at a time and roll into balls, place on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
7. Flatten the cookies until about ¼ inch thick.
8. Take a wrapped kiss and form a shallow depression in the center of each cookie, about halfway through the cookie.
9. Bake at 350˚ until the edges are just barely starting to brown, 8-10 minutes.
10. Immediately place an unwrapped Peppermint Kiss into each depression. Wait about 5 seconds then very gently push down on the kisses to make sure they get set, not too hard or they will squish everywhere.
11. Let the cookies cool and kisses set up in a cool area, about 20-30 minutes.
12. Serve after you have let them cool or store them in an airtight container.
data-pin-description=”Holiday Baking means baking cookies. Try these elegant, yet easy to make Peppermint Kiss Cookies”