Caramel Coffee Sandwich Cookies
1 cup butter, softened
1 1/4 cups sugar
2 eggs room temperature
2 tbsp of ground coffee
1 1/4 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Cream together butter and sugar.
2. Using a small bowl, combine eggs, coffee mix, and vanilla.
3. Add all the dry ingredients to another bowl. The salt, flour, cinnamon, and baking powder.
4. Add the egg mixture to the butter mixture.
5. Add in the flour mixture slowly. Mix until well combined. Do not over mix or batter will be dry and cookie will turn out tough.
6. Refrigerate for two hours.
7. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
8. Roll out dough on floured solid surface to about 1/2 inch thick. Using a circle cookie cutter, cut out circles and place on a baking sheet that has been lined with parchment paper.
9. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until edges are slightly golden
10. Allow cookies to cool completely before filling with the icing
1/2 cup (1 stick) salted butter
1 cup dark brown sugar
1/3 cup heavy cream
1/4 tsp salt
2-3 cups powdered sugar, sifted
1. Melt the butter in a small saucepan on low heat.
2. Add brown sugar and heavy cream to the melted butter.
3. Stir the mix constantly over medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
4. Now add the salt.
5. Make sure to allow it to bubble for 2 minutes.
6. Remove from heat and allow to cool for at least an hour.
7. Beat in powdered sugar 1 cup at a time, until you have reached the desired consistency.